I am officially married!
Some wedding planners get married before getting into the business but I did it the other way around. It definitely helped me in planning my big day and it was everything I could hope for!
There is a lot of pressure when it comes to planning your wedding day when you're in the industry but I knew from day 1 that this wedding wouldn't be about impressing everyone but instead be a reflection of us and we would stay true to the things that were important to us. This is how I see my clients' weddings and it was no difference for myself! I wanted to ensure both our families with the multiple languages were all comfortable and having fun.
Here are the common questions everyone I know or meet including my current couples and all the wedding vendors ask:
1) How do you feel?
Well I basically feel the same. It's not bad like it sounds! I always felt like Joseph was my husband and I would spend forever with him. We already blended our families, lived together for years, travelled together, purchased our home together and raise our dog. I am so happy to call him my husband, it really feels natural.
2) Was it crazy planning your wedding day while still planning all your client's weddings?
Yes and no. Yes because it was weird being on the other side of things. No because this is what I do for a living, all the logistics and vendor sourcing is normal. I do have a new found respect for brides! I did not expect to be so emotional on the day but oh did I shed some happy tears!
3) Would you do anything different looking back?
Some things happened like moving venues 1 month prior to but really, I wouldn't change anything!
4) What was your favourite thing about your wedding?
There are really too many things to name since I planned it from Day 1 but here are a couple high-lights:
- My dog, Misu, was our flower pet and walked down the aisle with my sister!
- The food. We're huge foodies and the food was phenomenal!
- The weather. This is something you could never control and our wedding was inside but the weather really made everyone in a good mood especially since most of our guests travelled from outside Canada to be with us. This also allowed us to be able to walk around for our wedding day photos.
- My dress. I don't know when I'll ever be able to feel so beautiful and glamorous again! My hair and make-up looked so lovely too.. and it looked that way even at the end of all the hours of dancing!
- All our families travelling from far and wide to be with us. I don't know another day I could wrangle all these people from France to Florida to England together again.
- Marrying my love, Joseph!
It was an amazing day with so much love... but I'm glad its back to normal about being back on the side I'm most comfortable with, behind the scenes!
Thank you to everyone that made our days everything we could wish for!
Planner: Bisous Events
Venue: The Great Hall
Photographer: Ally Ho / Evolylla Photography
Florals: Flower 597
Calligraphy/Stationery: Paula Lee Calligraphy
Dress: Ines Di Santo
Suit: 18 waits
Rentals: Plate Occasions & The Perfect Table
Make-up: Glow by Mimosa
Hair: Puzzle Creations
DJ: Docteur Mephisto